Message from DSA
So much to be thankful for!
With holidays just around the corner, we tend to start getting really stretched this time of year. Between family activities and career obligations, our hours fill quickly. Remember to prioritize and not over commit. Becoming overwhelmed while trying to fit everything in can result in shortchanging every aspect of our lives. Stick to a reasonable schedule, leaving plenty of time for fellowship with family and friends. It’s those moments that allow us to recharge and reset, preparing us to take on the world and determine our true priorities.
DSA has the victims of Hurricane Harvey and Irma on our minds and in our hearts. If you’re able, please consider making a donation to the Red Cross at www.redcross.org for disaster relief. Our thoughts and prayers are with you! https://www.redcross.org/donate/
All the best,
Natasha Lima-Younts DSA
Designer Society of America
It’s a Date! Tours Available!
High Point Market
It’s almost that time – this fall’s High Point is just around the corner! And while many of us look forward to this annual trek, others may have decided that attending shows is no longer necessary for their careers. On the other hand, newcomers to the industry might be intimidated and not quite sure how to approach a design market show. But fear not!
There are many reasons for designers of all experience levels to attend these events – networking and relationship building, design ideas and inspiration, and the opportunity to explore products hands-on. Just being in the most famous furniture city in the world is inspiration enough for many.
- To know what a piece or product is really like, see it in person.
- More product choices results in better product selection.
- Face-to-face networking can’t be replaced by even the best technology.
- Seeing the trends first is a definite advantage of High Point Market.
- Attending market can be an efficient practice for one-stop shopping.
Whether it’s been a while since you last attended market or if you’ve never attended at all, this fall’s High Point Market is a great way to get in the game.
If you were thinking about attending this year, we have limited availability.
Please contact us as soon as possible.
We will be working with Soft Design Lab tours to offer DSA members special pricing. Email DSA @ email@example.com
October market from October 13-18th. The tour package includes the following:
We'll also keep in touch with you regarding the Las Vegas Tour to Winter Market - dates will be January 27, 2018 - January 30, 2018. If you are thinking about attending, please contact DSA : firstname.lastname@example.org
- A pre-market, informational webinar to get you ready to go
- Five (5) nights accommodations at Sheraton Four Seasons Greensboro, NC; double- occupancy
- Dedicated Van to Market each day
- Airport transfers to and from (Airfare not included)
- Daily transportation between showrooms and manufacturers.
- Private welcome dinner and trend presentation at the exclusive, members only, String and Splinter Club courtesy of the High Point Visitors Authority
- Design destinations and insider access to showrooms and ateliers across High Point
- Daily educational event schedule
- Private luncheons
- Access to the industry's mover and shakers
- Countless social and networking opportunities, VIP party invitations, concerts and more
- PR and Press opportunities
- Farewell Dinner at Green Valley Grill
- VIP welcome package and market survival kit