Meet the 2022 DSA 360° Design Excellence Award Recipient
Spring is the season of new beginnings. It’s when fresh buds bloom, animals awaken from hibernation and everything around us seems to come to life again. For designers, that “new beginning” could be trying out a new color palette or purchasing décor from a new source.
But, new can also be a person. It could be someone who inspires you. Someone who makes you rethink how you redesign a kitchen or helps bring out a fresh perspective in your thought process.
People are actually what inspire Guillaume Coutheillas, Founder and Creative Director of frenchCALIFORNIA. In fact, he says that it’s those connections and collaborations that help inspire new ideas. And that’s why we are so excited to announce that Coutheillas has been selected as our 2022 DSA Design 360° Award recipient. We invite you to scroll down and learn more about his work and his “why” in the area of design.
We can’t let this month’s newsletter go by without hyping everyone up for 2022 Spring High Point Market, which will be held April 2-6 in High Point, N.C. This must-see event in home furnishings is an experience every designer should try to take advantage of, and the spring event is no exception.
Makers, designers and artists will be bringing their A game to the exhibitor showroom, and some of this year’s showcases will include:
• U.S. manufacturer Copeland Furniture will tack in a modern direction for its new Lisse collection of cabinets, extension tables and chairs, each crafted from sustainably sourced hardwood.
• By showcasing functional goods for the kitchen and for entertaining, etúHOME will reveal the results of a new collaboration with interior designer and lifestyle influencer Bria Hammel.
• Recognized as one of Spain’s leading producers of upscale furniture, Hurtado remains true to form incorporating luxe materials and high design into their Bond Collection of items for the dining room.
• Focused on accessible price points for wall art, Iridescent Orchid is among this season’s debuts at RFA Decor, a hand-embellished giclée on canvas, based on an original acrylic painting.
• SABA Italia-tapped architecture studio 967 Arch will set the stage for Teatro Magico, a first-ever collection of sculptural tables from the upholstery specialists, suitable for residential and contract applications.
• Mozambique is the title of a dramatic triptych in Emerald green from the in-house artists at Zoe Bios Creative, who will show these and other works in a new showroom located at Chelsea On Green.
For those of you who can't make it to market, some showrooms offer virtual tours, reach out to your favorite vendors or visit their websites to find out more. We have a virtual tour courtesy of Moe's Home Collection
360° Design Excellence Award Recipient is
Without hesitation, our team here at the Designer Society of America (DSA) continues to be so incredibly impressed by our members. That’s why we get so excited when it comes time to announce the annual DSA Design 360° Award recipient, which was originally established in 2019.
To discover a recipient, we sort through designers’ business models and explore what the most successful designers are doing differently. The thing we notice that sets award recipients apart is a 360-degree business model, including good design practices, professional photos, a daringness to be different, and a strong social media presence.
And the Winner Is …
This year’s recipient of the DSA 360°Design Excellence Award is Guillaume Coutheillas, Founder and Creative Director of frenchCALIFORNIA.
Elevating the identity and propelling public awareness of world-class brands.
We have asked Guillaume Coutheillas to share more about his experiences and process.
Follow us NOW
Our team here at the Design Society of America (DSA) has been quietly gathering inspirational design photos and posting them on our new Instagram page. But, we can’t keep things a secret anymore and we are ready to share what’s been going on behind the scenes with you and build our group of followers.
We invite you to follow us for inspiration, education, and information on residential interior design. Be part of the community as we start to build and promote your success through INSTAGRAM.
Don’t miss out on this fun way to learn more about DSA’s commitment to the success of residential interior designers, grow with us.