- Before or at the time of collecting personal information, we will identify the purposes for which information is being collected.
- We will collect and use of personal information solely with the objective of fulfilling those purposes specified by us and for other compatible purposes, unless we obtain the consent of the individual concerned or as required by law.
- We will only retain personal information as long as necessary for the fulfillment of those purposes.
- We will collect personal information by lawful and fair means and, where appropriate, with the knowledge or consent of the individual concerned.
- Personal data should be relevant to the purposes for which it is to be used, and, to the extent necessary for those purposes, should be accurate, complete, and up-to-date.
- We will protect personal information by reasonable security safeguards against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification.
- We will make readily available to customers information about our policies and practices relating to the management of personal information.
- DSA will not sell member contact information.
- DSA website users will, if the website user clicks on links and/or ad banners, be taken to third-party websites. You will, in such regard, be subject to the third-party's privacy policies, and DSA cannot be responsible for such third-parties' actions. DSA encourages you to read the privacy policies of such third parties.
- Information collected from individuals using the DSA Worldwide Referral Service is used only for purposes of matching them with qualified designers and for sending referral information to them. It is not shared with third parties or used for any other purpose. You may choose not to have this information shared with the designers whose names come up for referral.
We are committed to conducting our business in accordance with these principles in order to ensure that the confidentiality of personal information is protected and maintained.